27 June 2024

That "Break" & Blackout....

Laboratory of X-ray Astronomy of the Sun, Russia

Just a quick check-in. I wasn't expecting to post anything for while but something that occurred two days past left me wondering, so I thought I'd write about it briefly.

The X-Ray Flux chart above (GOES-16 data) shows a "break" in data reading. Checking another source confirms the same break (GOES-18):

Space Weather Prediction Centre

Unless both satellites malfunctioned at the same time (or were taken off-line for a specific reason), "something" may have happened to disrupt the readings.


Then there's another blackout on the SR chart (and I'll get back to this later):

Space Observing System

The "break" and blackout occurred within 24 hours of each other ~ early hours UTC on 25 June and late hours UTC 25 June, respectively.

So, two days ago (25 June my time, about noon) I felt really disjointed all of a sudden. I don't know what really happened but it was like our Planet had jumped ahead of her Timeline, or went up several notches in frequency. I've been feeling discombobulated since then. The usual caveat, this is just my opinion.

Coming back to the SR graph ~ isn't it interesting that the same type of blackout following a massive surge occurred on 23 June as well? Here's the chart from the check-in I did on 23rd:

Space Observing System


Namarie! 💜


That "Break" & Blackout....

Laboratory of X-ray Astronomy of the Sun, Russia Just a quick check-in. I wasn't expecting to post anything for while but something that...