16 February 2024

Another X-Class Flare

LosyZiemi.pl

First things first ~ apologies for the confusion when I wrote "January" instead of "February" in the Solar Activity post (here) ~ I have corrected the errors accordingly. I seriously don't know where I am sometimes 😄 Back to the present....

 

We had another X-class flare at 06:53 UTC today! It's the 3rd this year (in my timezone, else it's two in Western regions) and this one registered at X-2.5 (video here)

Chart showing the X-flare reading, with 20 flares registered yesterday:

Laboratory of X-ray Astronomy of the Sun

Laboratory of X-ray Astronomy of the Sun


Look at that eruption:

We had a radio blackout in these regions:


There's definitely an amplified restlessness, paradoxically coupled withe the feeling that the brain has turned to mush. (Coming up with this post was quite a feat for me.)

I'm also adding the SR chart, to complete the picture:

Space Observing System

Namarie! 💛


The Solar Tally So Far....

EarthSky At this time of writing, we've had 25 X-class Solar Flares since this phenomenal year of 2024 commenced. Out of those 25, eight...