02 August 2024

X-14 Flare on Solar Far Side

 
The Solar storms arrived as expected, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I think I wasn't the only one who felt affected by this magnetically (emotion) as well as electrically (mental). Yep. Yet again, I strongly recommend to the Ones-in-Charge....please please PLEASE consider mass hibernation next time any Planet and his/her inhabitants go through a mass expedited Ascension 😆
 
Functioning or not, what I wanted to actually highlight was this X-14 flare that erupted when our Sun was facing away from our Planet, on 31 July 2024 or 1 August 2024, depending on geo-location.
The Sun Today

It literally lit up Space! Watch the video at The Sun Today, which also has more details about recent and on-going Solar activity.
 
Gregorio M Vigilante del Sol posted the following images that captured the magnitude of the CMEs:
Gregorio M Vigilante del Sol

I wasn't able to determine if these were from that X-14 flare, but I'm assuming they are. Here's the video:

SpaceWeatherLive

Holy moly.

And here's the present SR, since I can still access the chart:

Space Observing System


Namarie! 💙


It's An X-9.1!

SpaceWeather We had an X-9.1 flare yesterday, the strongest yet of this current Solar Cycle and the biggest flare since 2017! I wanted to po...