10 May 2024

This Month of May....


Just ten days into this manic monumental month of May and we've already been blasted with 11 X-class flares, along with several high M-class ones.

Laboratory of X-ray Astronomy of the Sun

 

We had an X3.9-flare a few hours ago. SR is also busy-busy-busy:

Space Observing System

 

SpaceWeather

Multiple CMEs spewed out of our Sun ~ SpaceWeather has some details about the potential of them forming a cannibal CME (here). Whoa.... this footage includes Jupiter (left) and Venus (right)!

And look at the extremely high readings for both plasma density and radial velocity expected on 11 May!

SpaceWeatherLive

I'm also highlighting a photo I took of our Sun this morning (first image of this post). Again, I apologise for the dismal attempt to capture what I saw, but I hope that the essence of the frequencies are somehow being conveyed in some way.

When I looked out of the window this morning at our Sun, I was knocked back energetically straightaway! There was this "multiplication effect" that I saw, I can't explain it properly but that would be the best way to describe it. I want to say more to clarify, but I feel that I can't at the moment, so I'll leave it at that. As for the photo, I digitally removed the building on the bottom right to respect the privacy of the residents.

Namarie! 💜


The Solar Tally So Far....

EarthSky At this time of writing, we've had 25 X-class Solar Flares since this phenomenal year of 2024 commenced. Out of those 25, eight...