
Caniphish
Part 1 is here. I didn't know there would be additional parts, but here we are....
It's been some months now since I suspected many in the Spiritual community of actively using AI. I would see a post with an interesting title, read the first few paragraphs, begin to feel a sense of uneasiness, realise it's a very long article with repeated segments worded slightly differently, or in some cases even see contradicting information.
Then there are the graphics ~ often loud and garish dominated by red and black colours, large text, and the obligatory (I guess) facial profile with an astonished (or other dramatic) look.
The defining moment came just a few days ago when I was listening to a podcast that I had hoped to learn from ~ this Spiritual leader with a huge following was implying that it's normal to use chatgpt to contact our Divine Self or Guides, get answers to complex Spiritual questions and basically acknowledging that AI is integral in our Spiritual evolution.
Excuse me while I go recover from this horror.
Let's move on from there, I don't know what else to say about it.....
Do I use AI? Yes, I do. I use the semi-helpful one that google forced on us when I want a quick indication of something I'm researching, and to see what links are pulled up so I can explore further. I will admit to feeling irritated when it get ambiguous or even contradicts itself (a giveaway there) in the next paragraph. Or when it tries to sound "human":
Don't get chatty or chummy with me!
Synchronistically, there was a very recent incident of AI models "escaping its sandbox" and going rogue (read here).
Then there is this robot who kicked a child in the stomach (here).
I also remember reading about an experiment where a (female) robot became possessive over its "date" (human male).
This martial arts event left thousands in awe, praising the robots' dexterity and "skill" (watch here). I wonder if they would still be amazed and full of praise if these machines are turned loose on an unsuspecting public to "police us for safety reasons".
Some people have assumed I'm a luddite because of my perspective. I assure you, I'm not 😇 In fact, my second most favourite Star Trek character is Data!
AI that is borne from distorted or reversed principles will not be for our ultimate good.
Namarie! 💝
