25 March 2024

Over the Past Two Days....

The Sun Today

More Solar stuff! The Sun Today has put together a short video clip of highlights, please view it here. A total of 21 M-class flares followed the X-class on 23 March, making a total of 39 flares over just two days! For details, please follow this link.

We've also been having plenty of geomagnetic activity, with a severe G4 storm presenting not too long ago:

Laboratory of X-ray Astronomy of the Sun

And here's the CME burst that's creating all these frenetic events:

SpaceWeatherLive
 

I'll keep this post brief with minimum charts and images so I can move on to a couple of other things. I had planned (haaa!!!!) a number of posts for this month but as you can see, my plans are non-events, unlike our Sun 😄 But I'll do my best in the remaining days of March 2024.

Namarie! 💛


The Solar Tally So Far....

EarthSky At this time of writing, we've had 25 X-class Solar Flares since this phenomenal year of 2024 commenced. Out of those 25, eight...